Hi, I'm Clemens
I'm a senior software engineer at Microsoft in New York City (ex-Amazon). I work on diverse cutting-edge projects with partners and develop open source solutions. I'm also the lead engineer of Ascoderu, a tech-for-good non-profit.
I've worked on all levels of the stack, from frontend (React, TypeScript) to backend (Node, Python, Java, Scala, C#) to devops (Bash, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure) to machine learning (Scikit-Learn, Spark).
I've led teams, designed system architectures, mentored junior engineers and shipped a whole lot of code.
Technical writing & public speaking
I've published several articles, including:
- Using the ambassador pattern for reliable pipes-and-filters text processing
- Using Otsu’s method to generate data for training of deep learning image segmentation models
- Leveraging microservices for relationship-based text exploration
- Continuous Delivery for Service Fabric via Github, Travis CI and Docker Compose
- Deploying a Linux Python web application to Service Fabric via Docker Compose
- Comparing Image-Classification Systems: Custom Vision Service vs. Inception
- Permissively-Licensed Named Entity Recognition on the JVM
- Building a Custom Spark Connector for Near Real-Time Speech-to-Text Transcription
- Learning to Interpret and Describe Abstract Scenes
I love exploring new places and have lived in Togo, Mali, Zambia, South Africa, Germany, Scotland, Ireland, Canada and the United States.
I'm married to the amazing Laura Barluzzi.