Hi, I'm Clemens
I'm a senior software engineer at Microsoft Research in New York City where I work on healthcare projects with partners. I'm also the lead engineer of Ascoderu, a tech-for-good non-profit, and a committer on Apache libcloud.
I have experience in product engineering and consulting settings. I've worked on all levels of the stack, including frontend, backend, devops and machine learning. I've led teams, designed system architectures, mentored junior engineers and shipped a whole lot of code.
Technical writing & public speaking
- Running Parallel Apache Spark Notebook Workloads On Azure Databricks
- Using the ambassador pattern for reliable pipes-and-filters text processing
- Using Otsu’s method to generate data for training of deep learning image segmentation models
- Leveraging microservices for relationship-based text exploration
- Continuous Delivery for Service Fabric via Github, Travis CI and Docker Compose
- Deploying a Linux Python web application to Service Fabric via Docker Compose
- Comparing Image-Classification Systems: Custom Vision Service vs. Inception
- Permissively-Licensed Named Entity Recognition on the JVM
- Building a Custom Spark Connector for Near Real-Time Speech-to-Text Transcription
- Learning to Interpret and Describe Abstract Scenes
I love exploring new places and have lived in Togo, Mali, Zambia, South Africa, Germany, Scotland, Ireland, Canada and the United States.
I'm married to the amazing Laura Barluzzi.